Click here to leave this site at any time
Click to expand
- £10 could help purchase materials for a child to take part in a children‘s group activity like baking or an arts and crafts project to gain confidence and encourage involvement with others
- £20 could help provide an emergency pack for a woman fleeing domestic abuse. In the majority of cases, women turn up at PWA with only the clothes on her back. This could help to provide essential items such as clothing and toiletries
- £25 could allow for a woman to take part in an activity with other women in refuge like yoga or stress management to help build her self esteem and health and well-being.
- £50 could help provide an hours support/Counselling to a woman or child/young person
Every donation, regardless of the amount, will help make a difference to the women, children and young people who access our support and services.
Donations can be made in the following ways:
- Set up a monthly standing order through your bank
- Wills or Legacies
- ‘In Memory’ Donations
- Donate through pay roll (individual or businesses)
We welcome donations of the following items. Our storage space is limited so if you would like to donate something that isn’t listed below please call us on 01738 639043 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supermarket gift vouchers – these can be used for basic fresh foods, school clothing and family needs
- Children’s activities gift vouchers – such as bowling, cinema or soft play
- NEW Household Bedding – such as pillows, single duvets, single sheets, single duvet covers, pillowcases, and cot sheets & blankets
- Toiletries – new and unopened. Please call us on 01738 639043 to check what our current needs are. We are often most in need of basics such as:
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Face wash and moisturiser
- Wipes – baby or facial
- Towels and Tampons
By organising an event for us you can hep raise much needed funds to help us support women, children and young people but you can help raise awareness of domestic abuse and the support we provide which is priceless.
The range of activities you can undertake for us are limitless and depend only on your imagination, these could include:
– dress down day at work (which also raises awareness in your workplace)
– sponsored walk/run or other activity
– bake sale
– car wash
– quiz night
– afternoon tea
Perthshire Women’s Aid’s vision is of a society in which women, children and young people are full and equal participants and live free of the threat of domestic abuse and other forms of violence against women.
By working with us, you can play a part in helping women, children and young people to change their lives.
Why work with us
PWA are a feminist organisation, we provide a competitive salary and pension scheme. You will also receive regular support and supervision and work in a supportive environment.
Who is Affected?
How can we help you?
We strive to ensure that our services are easy to access throughout Perthshire and we provide tailored support to individual needs.
We’re extremely grateful for those who have bravely shared the following stories, which highlight how we can help.
Your refuge gave me the first and only opportunity to escape the abuse my children and I were still part of. As I lived near the children’s father I felt I couldn’t escape them not seeing him, and after a year of being around him with the kids every Saturday my mental health completely plummeted.
I would like to thank you. As a victim of abuse I found it really helpful and learned a lot. I can now recognise abusive personalities and avoid to put myself in abusive relationships in the future. It helped me understand what I’ve been living in and why it was so wrong. Also I have learned to see early signs of abuse. Thank you so much to Women’s Aid Perth for letting supporting me in my native language of Polish. There are so many women who will get benefit of it as they struggle with English and also talking about feelings in my own language is more comfortable.
Our partners help us play a vital role in supporting women and children affected by domestic abuse.